1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New Kubota in the house (well...the yard)

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Mowbizz, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up my new BX24 yesterday...I think I'm gonna love this little tractor...!
    Nothing fancy, no real extras yet, but I will probably be in the market for a thumb and a tooth bar soon...here's a pic.

08 BX24 001.jpg

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

NICE!

You will love it!

3. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

did you get that up here at MB trator in Tilton? looks nice

4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh sorry, just read your other post...plymouth.. was Hawnsens cheaper than MB?

5. Mowbizz

No... they wouldn't budge on prices (wouldn't meet the quote I had from another dealer). Not sure if I should mention the other dealer's name on here...Maybe MB monitors this site...

6. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Lookin' good!

7. Mowbizz

In a word...yes:rolleyes:

8. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice, I'm looking to pick up a bx24 or the bigger b2620/2920 in the next week or 2. Did you try out how it digs, I was worried if it has enough power to dig in clay soil with the bh. How much did you get it for, I was quoted $15300 for a new bx24.

9. Mowbizz

Haven't tried out anything yet...from what I've heard it should have no problems doing what you ask it to, within the constraints of it's size ( and a little more).
    $15.3 is a good price...i paid a bit more (300) but I think that's because I'm in the Northeast and everything here is more for some reason.
    Good luck in your quest for a machine!:drinkup::drinkup:

10. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard that it is pretty powerful for it's size but haven't seen it lift or dig in person. I like the b series it's alittle bigger and the loader is almost double the lifting but I don't want to go too big because I need it to go into small yards and not rut the grass which the bx would be perfect for.