New Kubota Standon Mower

Eric502

LawnSite Senior Member
they are identical to a bobcat stander, just a different color. I have no direct experience with either model. But I do have a kubota z and I like it quite well, it is my smaller mower with a 48" deck. no complaints with the mower and Kubota has been a good company for me thus far.

OP
G

Graverunner68

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the info. They prices were pretty good from the Kubota place. I will see if the local Bobcat outfit has something running like that. The 4000 series seems like an upgrade from the older quickcats

The Swamp Fox

LawnSite Member
I'm in the market for a 52" stander myself, and just ran across the new Kubota SZ26-52 stander — which apparently first came to market this year — and which I just discovered existed yesterday.

I have the same question as the OP — anyone have experience with this unit or any input on the QOC of Kubota's decks in general?

I'm always reticent to buy the first-gen of any powered equipment due to the overall lack of reviews. That said, I came away very impressed from my initial scan of the machine build and configuration. Check out out the below features / specs:
  1. Tool-less adjustable front reference bar (like the Ferris Z2)
  2. Tool-less control lever tracking adjustment
  3. 3-position control lever dampening adjustment, allowing the operator to fine-tune controls sensitivity
  4. ZT-3600 transaxles rated for 11/4 mph (forward/reverse), making it faster than even the Scag V-ride II
  5. Rear Tire Size — 23x10.5-12"
  6. Blade Tip Speed — 18,450 RPM
  7. HOC Range — 1.5–4.5"
  8. Deck trim side bumper
  9. Tool-less spindle covers
  10. Dash-mounted fuel gauge and hour meter
I have several Kubota dealers near me, although I know next to nothing about their stander or overall deck cut quality, as I had no idea Kubota offered a stand-on. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a demo.

Last edited:

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
I think the only thing that would scare me from this mower would be the operator control station. Many reviews talk about how 'short' the control station is which often results in back fatigue.

Mudly

LawnSite Senior Member
Since when was blade tip speed measured in rpms

RedSox4Life

LawnSite Bronze Member
Following.

Will probably be buying a new stander next year and seriously considering the Kubota.

The Swamp Fox

LawnSite Member
Since when was blade tip speed measured in rpms
*FPM

I think the only thing that would scare me from this mower would be the operator control station. Many reviews talk about how 'short' the control station is which often results in back fatigue.
You have my attention — I've come up largely empty myself when trying to find actual user reviews for Kubota's SZ-series stander lineup. Where were you able to dig some up?

The most helpful review I've found to date was a detailed YouTube video of a Kubota SZ19-36 by an LCO located in Texas. The author enjoys trialing new equipment, and has experience running Walker mowers in addition to a Ferris Z2 48", amongst others. He does a good job of providing a detailed overview of the machine.

Kubota, Bobcat, and Bradley are all basically the same mower.
The aforementioned LCO has uploaded several videos comparing the Ferris SRS Z2 48" to the Kubota SZ19-36 stander. In this video, he covers some specific differences between the two as well as who ACTUALLY makes the Kubota SZ-series. I found it helpful, hopefully others following this thread will as well.

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
The documentation about back fatigue has mainly been on the Bobcat and the Bradley. Reviews are plentiful on here and YouTube. Because all three are similar if not almost identical in design, I can only assume the Kubota would be no different from a fatigue standpoint.