Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are some pics of my new kubota zd21 pro. It is awesome, cuts great, tons of power, and very fuel efficient. I mowed for 3 hours of thick wet grass and the fuel gauge didn't even move.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Banned
352 Posts
:) bobac nice piece of equipment, im starting to see alot of the Kubuta Zs around town, stripes look ok have you tried running doubles, my Z-master stripes nice with doubles, thats all i run on all my equipment, except for a 21" toro proline...Marks Mowing Service

Cloud Sky Plant Car Vehicle

·
Registered
952 Posts
i like these better lol lol

Car Plant Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
952 Posts
and my lines,but thats a nice toy you have good luck with it

Plant Sky Tree Building Land lot

·
Registered
6 Posts
bobac, thought I would share my ZD21 I purchased in March. Like you I thought the fuel gage was DOA as it didn't move off of full the first 3 hours. Fantastic machine as it cut my mow time by 50% over a 54" cub cadet tractor. Make sure your blade spindles are greased to the max as they had a recall this year on the 60" pro decks. Factory forgot to fill the spindle cavity and it takes almost half a tube of grease.

Tire Wheel Riding mower Lawn mower Window

·
Registered
52 Posts
bobac,

Nice lookin' machine. I have been eye balling these as I much prefer diesel powered equipment. How does the machine perform on steep slopes? I saw yours has no ROPS but the pictures I have seen from Kubota always show a ROPS. I would think they are a PITA under low lying trees, etc. Have you had any issues with turf damage or ruts/tire marks from the extra weight of these machines? How is the rpm recovery time with the diesel? Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Questions for Kubota ZD21 or 28 users:

Is the 28 worth the extra $$$ for the extra HP if the 21 doesn't bog down in tall/wet grass?????

Steep slope performance??? ie. retention basin sides, etc.???

Does a diesel 21hp have more power than a gas 21hp???? I would guess apparently so since one review above is exceptional on power rating. My 60" deck bogs w/ a 20hp Kohler on my TurfRanger. What can you guys share???

Looks like as good a machine as other top name ZTRs. Dealer is bending over backward to make the financing work for me.....Please let me know your experiences...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had no issues with wet grass with the ZD21 as it does not bog down and doesn’t even clump. Diesel’s have a lot more low end torque that translates to more power and are made to order for lawn machines. You could mate the ZD28 with a 60' deck if you were concerned. I was told that all you would be doing is wasting diesel fuel as the 21 HP is more than sufficient.

Cable Dude

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.