Votes: 7 26.9%
  • other

Votes: 9 34.6%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell us how you'd handle this one. The clematis has filled the original trellis, so they added fencing next to trellis to allow more space for vining.

Now the yard boy's problem is how to handle the trimmimg, LOL.

Would you: (1) just leave it until they ask why it's not trimmed; (2) go get the hand trimmers and just eat the extra time; (3) give them a bobbygedd: "Lose the fence or lose this yard boy"; or (4) some other way.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
is it wood or vynil fencing?? Ifs it wood. maybe get some electrical staples and attatch it to the fence so its off the ground...

my $.02

Chad

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Talk to the home owner. I'd suggest to them to them that you'd like to apply a small bead of Roundup at the base of the wire fence. Explain that your trimmer would tear the wire apart.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
tear it down when no one is home, and when they call say, "i dont know what youre talking about."

·
Registered
965 Posts
Speakin of lawn obstacles, I have 2 clients that decided to get an invisible fence for thier dog:rolleyes: What a pain in the butt. Little white flags all over the place. To top that off, one of them decided to plant a row of abbreviates 2 feet from them:mad:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This was my boof on the piss and moan threads. Most yard boys are so ready to fault the customers, instead of using their heads. Let's look at a simple solution. How can I get it to look like this:

This client has been with me for 19½ seasons now. They'd go with extending the bed, Roundup, growth regulator, or whatever I did. But as I indicated above, extending the bed would require extending the bed on the other side of the fence also, to keep the grass from growing in over long term (have seen KBG rhizomes grow 16" in one mild fall-winter here). Roundup would be unsightly, allow weeds to grow, and is temporary fix. PGR would be a nuisance for such a single small spot. Attachment to vinyl fence would make it too close to fence (needs to be 3-4" away from fence.

How to do it, then? Well, my T-230s are manual feed heads. Just back the line into head, leaving a couple of inches out, and the head easily fits behind the fencing and trims the grass.

And I apologize, bobby. My bobbygedd was too mild for you to do, LOL. And there were two votes for hand trimmers. Are there really two other yard boys who know how to use hand grass shears???

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
So you created this thread just so you could sit back and chuckle as others (some anyway) actually tried to assist you in a solution. Then you post your 'I already know what to do' Ha Ha.
This has been a genuine waste of time.
May it come back to haunt you.:)

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
Originally posted by bastalker
Speakin of lawn obstacles, I have 2 clients that decided to get an invisible fence for thier dog:rolleyes: What a pain in the butt. Little white flags all over the place. To top that off, one of them decided to plant a row of abbreviates 2 feet from them:mad:
aww..the flags..the first time that I see those flags they come up out of the yard and placed on the front step. I have never had any customers complain to me that I pull them up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.