Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
21 lawns I cut today! Most of them were $20 bangers and a couple of $25ers.
All under 10K sq ft. This for a solo op.

Another awsome thing, The home owners association is making it manditory to have your lawns cut at least 1 once a week! WOOHOO!

·
Banned
101 Posts
All Lawns & Landcare said:

Another awsome thing, The home owners association is making it manditory to have your lawns cut at least 1 once a week! WOOHOO!
Around $450 in one day? NICE! :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
we did a 90 unit development and five other residentials over 1400 dollars in ten hours

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I am solo. Yesterday i started at 6.50am. I mowed 10 yards for a gross of 450. I was home by 6.30. And this includeds loosing a hour to patch a flat front tire on the lazer. My route somehow is 50 miles of driving. So i think i did pretty good.

Matt

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I brought in $775 yesterday with my employee and my partner brought in around 700 with his guy so nearly $1500 in cuts with 4 men. I cut 28 lawns yesterday in 5 towns so we had a great day I am now only half a day behind. Lou did 28 lawns and 34 the day before. I love summer once our guys get trained a bit better (atm one of them is like 3 weeks and the other is 5 weeks with us) when that happens our company can bang 60-70 lawns out a day I do love those numbers.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
My record was set years ago, and still holds, we did $2250 in one day, two man crew, on a big municipal job $1850 plus the regular cuts, another $400.

Yes, 2 men.

$450 a day nice for solo, try to do it at least once a week.

You should have several $500 days a month if you are solo, plus all days never less than $350 if solo.

·
Registered
423 Posts
No matter what the size of yard you are cutting, you should not be doing any of them for 20 dollars...makes no sense to drive the market value down and work you azz off in volume...chances are you do an "in and out rush job."...20 dollars=shoddy work for what I have seen...adjust your prices lowballer scrub...

·
Registered
394 Posts
"adjust your prices lowballer scrub"

This guy has never been to Ft Lauderdale obviously. 20 bucks is the market. Every 60 feet you will see a Mexican with a mower and most of those guys will do it for 15.

K

·
Registered
932 Posts
mrusk said:
I am solo. Yesterday i started at 6.50am. I mowed 10 yards for a gross of 450. I was home by 6.30. And this includeds loosing a hour to patch a flat front tire on the lazer. My route somehow is 50 miles of driving. So i think i did pretty good.
Matt
Why did it take an hour to fix a flat? Keep aspare tire and rim with you or a plug kit. :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
dcplace2004 said:
No matter what the size of yard you are cutting, you should not be doing any of them for 20 dollars...makes no sense to drive the market value down and work you azz off in volume...chances are you do an "in and out rush job."...20 dollars=shoddy work for what I have seen...adjust your prices lowballer scrub...
Hey cut the guy some slack! Atleast he is working. I bet you had lower prices when you started out too as did I. If his work is shotty then he will learn. Have you seen his work? Probably not since you are 2000 miles apart. :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
dcplace2004 said:
What do you know about his market area? Your profile says "just getting started", he has been at it for three years in a market that is flooded with low ballers and he is successful. That says a lot. I'd be shocked if you know what your market will support and what your true operating costs are yet. Two months ago you didn't know what LOC or PITA stood for and now your throwing insults around?

You owe someone an apology.

Mike

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I had to do 14 solo last friday in almost 90 degree heat. Thought i would pass out by the end of the day but i had some nice neighbors bringing me out extra cold drinks.

·
Banned
21,630 Posts
All Lawns & Landcare said:

Holy fawk most I ever done is 12 (various sizes) ... Even if I sketched out ALL the smallest I dunno about much past 14, maybe 16.

You can have my horse, sir.

Far as the other guy's conversation, I have a few 20-dollarers and then a few 25'ers as well. Most of mine are 30's and 35's, then I have a few 40's, 1 or 2 45's, one 55 and one 60. 50-some accounts you get all kinds of a range, the prices posted appear normal to me, he said ALL under 10k sq. ft.

·
Banned
21,630 Posts
Keth said:
"adjust your prices lowballer scrub"

This guy has never been to Ft Lauderdale obviously. 20 bucks is the market. Every 60 feet you will see a Mexican with a mower and most of those guys will do it for 15.

K
Hell it ain't much better in Virginia and the farther south you go, the cheaper it gets and it's like that with everything (including rent, lol). Here an ACRE still goes as low as 40 thou I like to get 45 and 50-55 is nicer but like you said: Everywhere you look, there's someone willing to do it for less.
Where you get 20 I might get 25 for... Then if your rent is 400, mine's 450...

In the end, it's all the same: No money left after you pay for everything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.