1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Logo, Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by TomberLawn, Jan 2, 2009.

1. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I made a logo a couple days ago to put at the top of a commercial bid I was working on. I made a website today, using Intuit's (Quickbooks) web design software and hosting service. It's pretty cheap to buy a domain name--$5 application and $3 a month for the first year. I think it's $4.95/month after that. Here's the web address, if you haven't guessed what it would be: www.tomberlawn.com

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

It looks really good, man keep up the great work!

3. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

So, how long did it take you to produce the web site ?

4. TomberLawn

Thanks, DLAWNS.

Total time was probably about an hour and a half to get the pictures I wanted, sized and positioned where I wanted them, and other stuff that takes time like that. It went pretty quickly. They had a template that I used and just wrote my own stuff in the boxes.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't look that good on my browser, and the code doesn't validate.

6. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

looks great, only thing i would do is substitute some spring time pictures when grass is all greened up.good job

7. TomberLawn

Which browser are you using? I've got Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and it looks fine in both.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008121621 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.0.5

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Web site looks great. I would try to fill your loga back the same color as the web page. It looks a little out of place. Love the pages. As mentioned above spring grass. Good job.

10. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Try replacing the header & logo with this combination header/logo picture that I threw together, if you want:

QS_top_grass.jpg