1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Logo

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by acutabovelandscapinginc, Feb 8, 2007.

1. acutabovelandscapinginc

acutabovelandscapinginc LawnSite Member

Comments on new logo

A_Cut_Above_Landscaping logo '07.jpg

2. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

not bad but i think i would play around with the yellow. maybe just an outline around 'a cut above' instead of an outline & a drop shadow.

I like the name by the way.

Glenn

3. Allure

a simpler outline might actually make it pop more. every time i look at it i feel like i have double vision. The rest of it works well i think.

4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Do something with the yellow. It almost makes it harder to read.

Also, maybe ditch the trees. I've seen tree in 5000 landscapers logos. I think its silly to use a pic of such a big tree unless you do tree work.

5. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree w/ the yellow and the trees. Maybe do a grass line above the logo. Kind of like grass growing out of the top. I think that would look a little more professional.

chris

6. STONE SCAPES

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member

Love the name but agree with the other guys. try some thing like this.

Untitled-2.jpg

7. STONE SCAPES

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member

here it is on your logo.

A_Cut_Above_Landscaping%20logo%20%2707.jpg

8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

The outline on the name makes it stand out. Looks good

9. Allure

yes that's what i was thinking. & the black shadow gives it even more depth.

10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good. Now for my critic point of view:

1. Are you an arborist or landscaper, because I get the impression that you are an arborist from the logo itself.

2. When you have vinyls made with this logo, it will cost you a small fortune with 4 colors. (3) if you use a white background. Plus, the only way to get the depth will be with digital printing, not vinyls.

Other than those 2 things...it looks good.

Oh yeah, and have you checked out that name with the Sec. of State? It is a very common name and I believe it may even be an incorporated name that cannot be used at all (no matter what state you're in?)