1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

New machine opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rmland, Aug 26, 2005.

1. rmland

rmland LawnSite Member

I need a 48 or 52 walk behind because I live in hill country. Currently use a scag belt 36 with velke and a Better quick 36 which in my humble opinion is the best most versitile 36 around, I even have costomers request that I use the quick 36 instead of that big orange monster!! The Quick 36 does however work you do to its single hydro. So what do you think about a nice 48 or 52 that a tired old fart can kick back on and to crank out some high quality cutting
    Thanks fellers

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So why don't you go with a Scag Hydro....since you want to have a WB? It will cut with the best of them and it will pull you nicely.

3. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

Please explain this to me. Just curious, since I use a Ferris single hydro.

4. rmland

rmland LawnSite Member

Hi:
    What i mean is that you must make all turns with arm strength. Instead of holding one brake of a pistol grip and having the machie turn for you there is no way to stop the drive wheels independantly on the the Quick. I have gotten used to this and still love this machine. Hope that helps
    Rob

5. Lake Claire Lawn Ranger

Lake Claire Lawn Ranger LawnSite Member

Thanks for clearing that up. Mine has brakes and is no problem to turn or hold across a hill. I would hate to have to wrestle it. It would win! :)

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

1. Hustler 54"/25 kawi Super Walk
    2. eXmark Turf Tracer (full-size) 52"/23 kawi
    3. Wright Stander 52"/23 kawi

Priced very close to one another, with these 3 choices, your quick 36 is a tiny toy... :)