New Member and a Question

KPROBNAT

LawnSite Member
Hello, I have a question and it relates to my Dad who is turning 90 on Sept.7, 2019.
He was born in New Haven, Michigan and raised on his Dad's dairy farm on 25 Mile Road. He
says his Dad only bought John Deere. Long story short, my Dad's oldest sister married first and her husband and her were playing a large role in running the farm. My Dad decided since he didn't want to work for his brother in law to pursue his dream of becoming an engineer. At some point in the 1950's he was attending school but needed to earn money and he worked part time. He tells me he worked with another family member at Robertson's (Robinson?) lawn mower company.
He assembled and his uncle sharpened. This was in Chicago.
I am collecting photos and other memorabilia to Commemorate birthday party. He doesn't know he is having a party yet, and I expect over 75. So photos etc will be icebreakers for him to have conversations with people he may not have seen in a few years.

Does anyone know of a lawn mower company named Robertson or Robinson? Is there anywhere I may find historical information?

Many thanks
Kprobnat

OP
K

KPROBNAT

LawnSite Member
I think I found my answer on the OldLawnmower Club site. However the only information they had on "Robinsons of Winchester LTD" was they had a jobber design, here is what it says: grass cutting machine with small reciprocating knife blades driven by a 1hp J.A.P. two-stroke engine.
Can anyone add to this information?