1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

New member in need of advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by harleycaptain, Jun 5, 2011.

1. harleycaptain

harleycaptain LawnSite Member
    from GA

Thank you Sir, I greatly appreciate the advice.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

For 3500 you can get a John Deere 425 with the bigger deck. My father in law has one and its not a bad machine. Get one from HD and if you don't like it return within 30 days. You'll never go back to a tractor again.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G Inactive

You're welcome.

I checked the Cub Cadet web site and don't see a 44 inch model. It looks like they discontinued it; only 48 and 54 inch models are currently listed on their site. But I did a search on the 44 and found a page for that too, presumably an older one. It lists the Engine on the 44 as being a 20 HP though, not a 22HP.

Based on the MSRP and the sale prices listed, the price you were quoted appears to be a bargain regardless.

Here are links to both pages.

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category2_10051_14101_16200_600000_600000_-1_image

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_14101_10236_33817_-1_33817_33817

4. harleycaptain

harleycaptain LawnSite Member
    from GA

Thanks again, this was the only review by someone that actually owns one.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G Inactive

6. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

Thank you for servicing our country and welcome home. From a "commercial" stand point Cub is garbage, but if you are just using it to cut your own lawn and at that price, I guess you could make it work. If you want a higher quality machine I would go with the toro titan or john deere 445. That 44" cutting 1.5 acres will take you forever, I would look for at least a 52". Just my 2 cents, good luck.