1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

New Member, Looking for M series LB for project

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NBB, Nov 8, 2019.

1. NBB

NBB LawnSite Member

Hi folks,

I'm in Minnesota, and am starting to get some spare time to tinker on projects again. One project idea that has been on my list for a long time is to get a M series LB to restore.

I came up with some ideas try to re-power these jems. I also recently obtained a NOS motor (never ran) to use as a template for rebuilds. I'm interested in finding a good candidate for starting this effort.

Lots of information here, I will be spending a notable amount of time researching / lurking.

Thanks,
    NBB

hort101 likes this.
  2. MowDaddy

MowDaddy LawnSite Fanatic

Blaine MN,
    I used to live in Anoka right on 47 north.

Good luck on search.
    Fun site to be on.

hort101 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    NBB

NBB LawnSite Member

Thanks Mow-Daddy.

A couple other project include some landscaping and site prep for buildings, improve a drainfield, which will require a backhoe, a FEL to prepare a pad for a garage, already have the dirt, add more riprap, and I might tackle stump grinding or removal at a second location.

Looking around, the option of possibly renting or leasing a tractor (4 WD) sounds like the route to go for equipment (series of projects could take 3-4 weeks, when inspections are included during the work process).
    I have over 500 hrs in a skidsteer, and maybe 5 in a small excavator, so using this type of equipment is not totally new.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    hort101 likes this.
  4. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Been racking my mind to figure out what a M series LB is. I keep picturing a john deere L haha.

Maybe someone can enlighten me.

sjessen likes this.