Lawn Care Forum banner

New Member, Looking for M series LB for project

612 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zlandman 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm in Minnesota, and am starting to get some spare time to tinker on projects again. One project idea that has been on my list for a long time is to get a M series LB to restore.

I came up with some ideas try to re-power these jems. I also recently obtained a NOS motor (never ran) to use as a template for rebuilds. I'm interested in finding a good candidate for starting this effort.

Lots of information here, I will be spending a notable amount of time researching / lurking.

Thanks,
NBB

#2 ·
Hi folks,

I'm in Minnesota, and am starting to get some spare time to tinker on projects again. One project idea that has been on my list for a long time is to get a M series LB to restore.

I came up with some ideas try to re-power these jems. I also recently obtained a NOS motor (never ran) to use as a template for rebuilds. I'm interested in finding a good candidate for starting this effort.

Lots of information here, I will be spending a notable amount of time researching / lurking.

Thanks,
NBB
Blaine MN,
I used to live in Anoka right on 47 north.

Good luck on search.
Fun site to be on.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Mow-Daddy.

A couple other project include some landscaping and site prep for buildings, improve a drainfield, which will require a backhoe, a FEL to prepare a pad for a garage, already have the dirt, add more riprap, and I might tackle stump grinding or removal at a second location.

Looking around, the option of possibly renting or leasing a tractor (4 WD) sounds like the route to go for equipment (series of projects could take 3-4 weeks, when inspections are included during the work process).
I have over 500 hrs in a skidsteer, and maybe 5 in a small excavator, so using this type of equipment is not totally new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.