• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

New member with Common Question

Houndstooth

LawnSite Member
I've been running a small part time lawn care buisness for four years now. I'm just getting into spraying. I have an 55 gal AgSpray with 12' boom that fits on my New Holland TC45DA. The yards I will be treating ranges from 4 acres to small buisness lots (+-7,000 sq ft). What is a good all around herbicide to use? I've had people mention Atrazine several times. But after reading through this site and seeing your input, I would love to hear some of your suggestions.
Thanks,
HT

Weedburner

LawnSite Member
Not familiar with your weed pressure in the south. Here in the midwest I would recommend you start with a post product like three-way or Trimec. Be careful of wind drift. I would leave the atrazine alone. It has some bad press in the past with well water issues and can stay in the ground a long time. It does work great in tank mixes, but be careful.