1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chub, Aug 2, 2008.

1. chub

chub LawnSite Member

Hi guys and girls,just wanted to first thank everyone for the great site. I am looking to get a new zt mower. I have looked at most major brands. I would like a 48" to 54" deck. I would rather go with a more commercial grade mower because I may take on some other yards. Today I looked at the kubota zg 222/227 they seem like nice mowers. So far I relly like the scag tiger cub but dont like the motor options. Hustler,exmark,toro,ferris all seem to be nice mowers which makes the choice difficult. I like the kubota's shaft drive and it seems like the deck is a little eaiser to take off. Other than that I would say I am looking for cut quality, and will most likely be baging my grass.
    Thanks for the tips Chub

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the site. As for your question, I love Toro or Exmark. My Toro 52" is a great machine. Hope this helps.

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Dealer support should be one of the top deciding factors when you do find the one that you want. A good dealer can make all the difference in the world. I have to agree with DLAWNS, Toro or Exmark are great brands and have good cuts.

4. ddardenne

ddardenne LawnSite Member
    from Ark

Walker Mowers

5. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

yea if you want top quality from a bagger im gonna have to say a walker is your best bet

6. chub

chub LawnSite Member

I do love the walkers just not the price. But it wont get any easier to work on the deck then that. Any idea what I am looking at price wise there what models? Thanks

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

You can get a ferris is1500 48" 21kawi for $5100 new at my dealer.

8. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

I just got a kubota zg222. Cuts great, has a ton of extra features (double belt, hydro deck lift, etc), and it side discharges very well. I also have found that the clutch is extremely smooth, even when you start the mower at 1/2 throttle. The bagger will be in in a few days, so I will be able to comment about that soon. I have some pictures in the pictures forum, (thread is "new kubota pictures!!").