New Mini Skid

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by rclawn, Sep 4, 2019.

1. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Sold my ditch witch SK650 for $500 more than I paid for it 3 years ago ($15k!) Now I am looking to buy a new machine within a week or so. So far I have narrowed it down...

-Bobcat MT85 ($27,300)
    -Ditch Witch SK800 ($27,600)
    -Toro Dingo TX1000 ($30,800)

All things considered I am most leaning towards the bobcat. I got my quote to include the “common industry interface” so my attachments will work on it. I like the controls on it the most. The dingo is a little expensive, and I wasn’t too happy about the ditch witch dealer support here. Bobcat seems great. But, at the same time I shouldn’t need much support with a new machine.

Looking for input from people who own newer machines. We have vermeer dealer too but haven’t looked at those.

2. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

You should look at Vermeer. It’s really between ditch witch and Vermeer. I have the sk800 and love it but the Vermeer I demoed was great too.

Bobcat was slower and uncomfortable to me but I’m a taller guy

KUMA01 likes this.
  3. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

Vermeers are a 50k machine

4. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, no its not. I was quoted 31k for the 925 with the diesel

zlandman, KUMA01 and JLSLLC like this.
  5. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

Crazy

6. OP
    OP
    rclawn

Update- I have a buddy with an “in” at dealership here. Was quoted $28,100 for wide track and $26,800 narrow track on the Dingo TX1000. How good is this?

7. KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Bronze Member

Get Vermeer I paid 31k flat for mine. I demoed Vermeer Ditch witch bobcat and toro all a week long. Vermeer was the clear winner! Dutch witch would be second. Toro is too expensive and not worth the money for it’s weak boom and hydraulics . Bobcat is slow and also weak hydraulics.

FC4D8A04-351D-458D-A8ED-7E87705CF290.jpeg

8. Cjames808

Cjames808 LawnSite Senior Member

Vermeer will last way longer. Everything is bigger thicker and stronger. Controls are very smooth and not jerky.
    I go to a Vermeer dealer every few weeks for parts and ecteras.

9. OP
    OP
    rclawn

Well, sounds like I will need to check out vermeer tomorrow then. That seems to be the consensus on here

10. m_ice

m_ice LawnSite Member
    from IL

My biggest complaint for Vermeer would be dealer support as it seems they are few and far between most places.
    DW would be my 1st choice
    Toro is average to above average IMO
    Bobcat is mediocre

DW and Vermeer should be priced similarly
    Toro and Bobcat should be in the $26-27k

You get what you pay for