• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

New mower engines

agm

LawnSite Senior Member
Has anyone ever bought a mower engine from smallenginewarehouse.com? If so, was it worth it and worth the deal? I am considering it, just want to make sure it's worth it first. Prices seem to be cheap.

KPW LawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Just remeber you get what you pay for and cheap is not always gonna last and perform.

OP
A

agm

LawnSite Senior Member
I agree! I am looking to swap a Honda GXV 390. Mine is ready to die. There Honda's are selling for (I think it was) $299.99 for the same model. Sounds pretty low for the motor, especially new!

KPW LawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Look at northern tool see what they have.

OP
A

agm

LawnSite Senior Member
I had looked at their website before I found this one but they didn't carry the model that I need.

Saurkraut

LawnSite Member
I had one of my customers buy an engine from them because they were $60 cheaper than buying it from me. When I was installing it for them (customer still wanted me to install their engine) I realized they sent the wrong spec engine. (same engine but had the wrong shaft) The customer, not having a clue what they were ordering, ordered the wrong one. The company was good about returning it since I was a "dealer" and I ended up calling them to give them the correct info on the engine. The funny thing is he had to pay to ship it back so it ended up being more than buying it from me....
Long story short, if you can chew gum and walk at the same time you should be fine. They seemed like a pretty good company.

and just a fyi honda motors are always relatively cheap compared to the other main companies... don't know why, they just are. I rarely put short blocks in because a complete motor is the same price or cheaper. 300 is a good price, I sell that motor at 389.99. Good Luck!

OP
A

agm

LawnSite Senior Member
I appreciate the replies! I sent them all the specs off of my current engine, so hopefully, they can match it up correctly!

OP
A

agm

LawnSite Senior Member
I need to apologize!!!!!!! The website is brandnewengines.com!!!!!! Not the other one that I posted!!!!!!

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
it is all good as long as you have the correct spec engine. dont fool yourself either, it needs to be exact as there aremany configurations of the same block, but all else is diferetn due to manufacturers individual specs.