1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

new mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Cutters, May 20, 2002.

1. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

I just brought a new 52" Wright Stander. How long does it take to get fairly decent with it? I have used walk behinds for the last ten years. I get frustrated trying to make striaght lines.

2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

My mower turns to the right a bit cause the tracking adjustment is messed up and if I try to fix it, it'll get worse. It should be pretty easy to use cause of the levers????????????????

3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Give it a couple of days to get the hang of- they are one of the easiest to get straight lines with. Knowing just how far to push it on banks and hills takes a little time, but it is a great machine. They are the most versatile machines you can buy , I think. They track lice a ztr yet have the ability to fit into tighter spaces, you dont want to mow open areas all day with them, but Ive found on most lawns I can make better time with my 52 stander than my 61 ztr