1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zrider441, Nov 12, 2003.

1. zrider441

zrider441 LawnSite Member

I had been looking to replace my Toro Z rider 44" 17" Kawaski. I Was going to wait until next year but last week, I looked at a used Tuff Tiger 52" with 25 hp Kohler with a 100hrs @ $5800.

I had not considered Scag due to the high cost but after looking closely at the features of the Scag, I decided to get a price on a new unit. I stopped by the Scag dealer and he had a Tuff Tiger 61" deck with a 27hp liquid cooled Kawaski, and clam shell style bagger. I tried the unit out and was very impressed. I got the mower with the bagger at $9200.00

I used it this afternoon to cut a duplex account that normally took me 1 1/2 hrs of mowing with my Toro, I used the bagger and finished in under 45minutes . I am very impressed with the cut and the bagging system is excellent. I am a happy camper!

2. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

SCAGS ROCKS!! You will love that mower. Thats pretty good price you got also for tiger and clamshell.

3. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I agree. Scags are excellent machines.

Brian

4. Davo

Davo LawnSite Member

zrider,
    Scags are top of the line. I did notice on the new liquid cooled machines that they are super long. Look like a stretch job. Seems like it would be hard to get into some places. What did you think?

5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

It is like 5" longer than a aircooled machine, for radiator.

6. zrider441

zrider441 LawnSite Member

It is alot longer than my Toro 44" I had a truck work box on the floor on one side of my 6 1/2' x 14' trailer that will to go. We do all commercial properties mostly small to mid-size, I can now go after some multiple acre Industrial account. I believe that I make a good choice in my 2nd ZRT purchase.

7. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) Zrider congrats on your new purchase you should have many good seasons with the TTiger, good luck.....Marks Mowing Service

8. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

zrider you got a great deal on that scag. I really like my TT too. What are your thoughts on the bagger?

9. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2001 27/61 it has about 1000hrs.I have been very pleased with it.

10. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

Its TURF TIGER not tuff tiger sorry but just add to correct you