New Navigator Owner!!

AlpineMark

LawnSite Member
I just purchased a new Exmark Navigator and was wondering from those who have been using them if there are any helpful tips in owning and operating the machine?

Happy St. Patrick's Day

OP
A

AlpineMark

LawnSite Member
So, either everyone had a real good St. Patrick's Day or no one uses a Navigator anymore?

OP
A

AlpineMark

LawnSite Member
Pictures will come soon. It is a 27 horse navigator with the 42 inch deck, brand new out of the box. Unfortunately it snowed this weekend so what was going to be the maiden voyage was pushed back to a later date.

StanWilhite

LawnSite Silver Member
Pictures will come soon. It is a 27 horse navigator with the 42 inch deck, brand new out of the box. Unfortunately it snowed this weekend so what was going to be the maiden voyage was pushed back to a later date.
Don't you have tire chains? :)

OP
A

AlpineMark

LawnSite Member
I could buy a trail groomer for skiing and use it on some yards for a little winter income!!

OP
A

AlpineMark

LawnSite Member
Thanks TriCounty!! Montana springs can be unpredictable.

usmcdroach

LawnSite Member
I am going on my 3rd year with my navigator. A couple quick tips if its wet remove the screen from inside the hopper but make sure its in if the grass is dry or you will have clippings all down the back of your shirt. This is a heavy @ss mower so if it is soft ground be careful it will sink. If you do get stuck just stop dont try to get it out it will only make it worse. Be sure and carry a heavy duty ratchet strap with you and use a tree or something to get it out. These mowers suck on hills if you need to go up one go backwards it will go just fine. Be sure and keep around the belts free of grass build up or sticks or you will jump a belt off the pulleys and break it and they are not cheap.