1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

New (old) redmax trimmer at dealer, your opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barkleymut, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Would you purchase a bc 2600 dl Redmax trimmer that is about 3 years old but never been run before? A local dealer has one and wants $240 for it. I can't imagine there would be any problem with it. I just can't figure out why it hasn't sold up till now. Its not on display and he just told me about it when I told him I was looking at buying a trimmer in the spring. Since they have been out for a while, any comments on these trimmers? I have only run Kawi and Echo's before. BTW Redmax has no info on their site about it. I guess they went to the newer models and deleted this model.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Any idea what the regular selling price was for this model? Maybe offer him $200 and see if he bites.

3. Barkleymut

Selling price was $329 I believe. It is a 25cc model.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds good

5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

steal of a deal

6. Barkleymut

I'm very happy with the price being offered. I just want to know if there is much of a chance with anything being wrong with it. Anyone?

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

if it has never been used than their is nothing wrong with it. its a brand new unit which has just happened to be on the shelf for a few years. if their was never any fuel in it and it hasnt been used-than no problem.

if its new-10 years on the shelf or right off the assembly line-same difference

8. energy

energy LawnSite Member

Are you sure it is not the BCX 2600DL? if that is the case, it is a 4 cycle equipment, meaning no mixing of gas and oil. It is heavier than 2 cycle, but if it is new, there should be nothing wrong with it. Plus if it is a dealer, it should have warranty from beginning of purchase date. Get it if you like it.

9. Barkleymut

It is definetly a 2cycle. Last thing I want is a handheld that doesn't use 50:1. Too confusing for an employee.

I didn't even think about the warranty. I've never needed a waranty for any 2cycle stuff before.

10. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

The old bc2600dl was a unit back around 1999. The bcz2500s took its place about 2001, and was similar but with a Stratocharged engine. (EPA standards) Now the similar model is a bcz2600s it has the stratocharged engine, new larger handle, and the new pt104 plus, black bump head. I've used this new one......what a machine! You shouldn't have any problems with the old one, if it is not used. By the way, here in the midwest, the new BCZ2600S sells for around $300