• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

New one for me.

sildoc

LawnSite Silver Member
Guy wants a bid for roughly 3 acres mostly wide open weekly mowing. minimal trimming and then 5-10 small 1000 sqft yards with fences and trimming around light posts. I figure maybe an hour of trimming every 2 weeks but unsure what to bid on mowing. I have a 36" fixed deck hydro. It is a 2 hour round trip drive at the longest and usually only an hour.
I have looked at the productivity charts for exmark and toro and figure about .9 acres an hour 80% 3 mph. so will figure this at lowest and then 1.5 at highest when grass is not growing as fast.
I realize I need a larger mower but that is not an option untill I have the 36" paid off and about 6 more accounts that I would use a larger mower on.
Again this is an out in the country no one else is even as close as I am.
Just give me a figure. I know I need to charge for drive time but I am just looking at what to charge for the mowing. Thanks