1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

New overtime laws go into effect

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tiedeman, Aug 22, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I was wondering what is everyones opinion on the new overtime laws that go into effect on Monday???

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

All of my employees are nonexempt employees ... so it won't effect most unless you have alot of salaried paid or officers of exempt

Fore me I pay 1.5 over 40 either way ..... here if FL I don't even have to pay OT with yearly Business Gross under $500K .... But NO employee would like that too much

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I heard about this, but what are the new rules. I'm solo myself.

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I've read every artical I could find on the subject so far I'll be dammed if I understand any of this.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am glad that I am not the only one that doesn't know what the fine line is in regards to everything

6. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well from What I have read there is no change for hourly workers. The only changes come to salaried employees.

In a nutshell those making under $23,660 a year will be automatically entitled to overtime pay. Those who make over $100k will not be eligible for overtime pay. those in between......well I can not find much on them.;)

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -