Lawn Care Forum banner

new part time lawn mowing business

6K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  Lovemy3sons 
#1 ·
Hello All! I am from NJ at the jersey shore. I am going to be starting a lawn cutting service part time. I I am a licensed master plumber.I know what it's like to run a business I had my own plumbing company for 7 years and I also still do that part time.I had some questions about equipment. I have a brother in law who is going to give me a 36 inch scag commercial mower . I also know somebody that has a 33 inch commercial mower with a walk behind commercial blower and a walk behind commercial edger. Do you think the walk behind blower and edger are worth it Or should I just have a pole trimmer, edger and backpack blower?

Q 2. I always wonder what is the right way to get rid of grass clippings is it too blow them onto the lawn or blow everything into the street?

3. When you Trim around a vinyl fence and you can't get to the grass that's up against the posts what do you guys do? I noticed on my own lawn it's very difficult to get these blades of grass without Maring up the fence.

4. I have also heard a little trick is to trim the grass down to the dirt so that it does not have to be done every time is this correct? Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.