1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

New Permagreen Agitator for lesco 3 hole and Permagreen 3 hole hoppers

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Mr Efficiency, Oct 19, 2016.

1. dschribs

dschribs LawnSite Member

Saw this thread while searching the net for Earthway agitator upgrades.

Will this work on an Earthway 2150? The inner shaft spins round and round rather than going back and forth like the Lesco spreader.

Any plans to make one specifically for those types of spreaders ?

On a side note.. If anyone has any suggestions on how to upgrade Earthway's pathetic "paper clip" agitator it would be greatly appreciated

Mr Efficiency likes this.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

It is easy. Put a square nylon eccentric cam on the agitator shaft. Mount the Permagreen agitator on a pin about an inch away. Let the eccentric move the agitator claw. The right hand part of the agitator claw must contact the cam, of course. Probably needs a spring to bring it back after the cam pushes it to the left.

3. OP
    OP
    Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member

No it will not work on earth way spreaders properly. The coupling fits 3/8" shaft.
    It will work in any spinning type hoppers but it will grind the materials up.. For seed it will work fine or ice melts.
    The arms cam be bent to fit in spinning type hoppers.
    I have invented a few new agitators for spinning type spreaders and patent pending.. Hopefully one day soon they will be available.

hort101 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Mr Efficiency

A square cam in would make a mess of the materials spinning in a circle fast making contacting the materials.

5. OP
    OP
    Mr Efficiency

This one Ebay seller of the Permagreen agitators is almost up to 200 sold on this one listing. 20190415_212220.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Permagreen...723804&hash=item1a399d2da7:g:UQIAAOSw241YeOtm
    They had a different previous listing that sold over 100 and they sell a 2 pack also with about 60 sold.
    I never ordered one from them but I ordered an air filter for a Backpack Blower last week in I got it today. Happy with my order from them.
    You cam get permagreen agitators directly from Permagreen or at any site one supply location also.

The permagreen agitators also fit all 3 hole permagreen hoppers, all Lesco 3 hole push spreaders,
    , all Lesco HPS Chariot 3 hole Spreader/Ride-On, Club Cadet 3 hole hoppers, older Lesco power spreaders and that new walk behind power spreaders from powerspreaders.com

6. dschribs

dschribs LawnSite Member

What if I were to put some type of bushing on the shaft to enlarge it to 3/8"?

Mr Efficiency likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Mr Efficiency

I think the shift on an earthway spreader is 1/4" or 5/16 and smaller then 3/8"
    Here's a picture of a permagreen agitator in a permagreen century hopper.
    You can bend the Arms all the way up and just have one down by the hole or like in pict 20190415_220136.jpg

8. OP
    OP
    Mr Efficiency

Actually that may work if you drill a hole through it so the set screw could go through the bushing to the shaft