New Permagreen Ultra X upgrade

indyturf

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anyone used the upgrade for the ultra? it includes a Honda engine and a Magnum type pump. looks like it would get rid of all the electrical problems of the Ultra. I just bought a Ultra that needs some work and thinking about trying this upgrade but wanted see what you guys think?

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
I talked to the Trugreen guys that have the upgrade. They seem to love it. If our Ultra gives out, I might upgrade it and keep it for a backup when we get a T3000.

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
Anyone used the upgrade for the ultra? it includes a Honda engine and a Magnum type pump. looks like it would get rid of all the electrical problems of the Ultra. I just bought a Ultra that needs some work and thinking about trying this upgrade but wanted see what you guys think?

Any idea on the cost? I thought about selling my Ultra but I wouldn't even know what to ask for it and with the cost of new equipment these days, it might be worth hanging on to.

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
The MSRP is close to $1600. More than we paid for our Ultra used.
http://permagreen.com/ultraX/

I bought mine new in April of 2004.I think I paid about $4800 at the time. I'm having it gone over at a small engine shop right now. I told him I wanted all new springs on the motor and I wanted it to run like a scalded ape when I got it back. He knows his stuff so we'll see what he can do

Top Forums