New Place For My Stuff

LoweJ82

LawnSite Senior Member
Funny to come here and see this Ive been thinking along these same lines, Looks pretty good. I found a pole barn kit for around $3500 for a 30' x 50' complete package and its makin me drift away from the original plan I will have to keep an eye on this build maybe you will sell me on the ideal.

I like !!

How did you mount the lumber to the storage container and seal it?

Last edited:

LoweJ82

LawnSite Senior Member
Are you guys still able to use creosote?
Here in IL there still sinking the same utility poles they have for years so im sure here at least we can.

OP
Mike's Lawn Care

Mike's Lawn Care

LawnSite Member
Yes it was great for me. However just the container is $3500.00. I did upgrade on the metal and the rafters and lumber. I mounted brackets on the container and sealed with a weather stripping and haven't had a leak. The over all size is 24x40. Total cost with me doing some of the labor and paying for help was about $8500. I could have gone cheaper on the container and the rest of the building but I knew I was going to have it for a long time. Good part no TAXES.

LoweJ82

LawnSite Senior Member
I had a couple 40' containers priced out around here and I don't think they was up that high in price around here anyhow, Have you got any pics with more progress? Id like to see this once finished up.