• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

new plow

1stclasslawns

LawnSite Senior Member
Ok Ive never plowed but I am serious about getting one, my question is which one. As a long time poster from the lawn mowing side I know the vast knowledge that is contained here on thie board.
I have found only two brands that are close enough to consider the others are over 3 hours away.
The brands are Heiniker and meyers.
Being that I dont know diddly about plows may I have some comments please.
Like I said these are the only ones that are carried with in an hour and half drive.
Thanks Jim

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well given the fact that those are probably the two brands that no I would not normally recommend, given these are you only options, I would suggest the meyer plow. In your limited amount of services needed, it should last a long time, and parts will be easier to come by.
Dino

JCurtis

LawnSite Senior Member
My choice out of those two would be the Meyer.

Psyclopse

LawnSite Member
Another vote for Meyer- they will most likely be the easiest of the two to find parts for when you need them.

Also another vote for spare trip springs.

Jason_S

LawnSite Member
We plow with a Hiniker, it works just fine. The new C Plow looks neat. Would help /w backdragging. Check it out at their website.