New Product! VOLT Split PVC Conduit

Discussion in 'VOLT Lighting (Archived)' started by steveparrott, Oct 21, 2015.

1. steveparrott

steveparrott LawnSite Bronze Member

Friends,

Did you ever get a call-back and find that a wire was chopped by an edger, a shovel, or some other sharp tool? Did you wish you (or the original installer) had put that wire in conduit?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Since we don’t have time machines, we can’t go back to do it right . . . or can we? VOLT’s new Split Conduit is your time-machine replacement.

If you find an installed wire at risk, just expose the wire and slip the conduit over it. Voila! Your worries are over.

Also, during normal installation, using this split conduit can be a huge time-saver – especially for those jobs where a long wire run would otherwise need to be pulled through short pieces of conduit. Instead, just run the wire through the trench, then insert sections of the Split Conduit in areas where the wires will be at risk.

The Split Conduit is 24" long with a 3/4" internal diameter (ID). The slit is large enough to accommodate up to an 8/2 AWG cable.

Learn more about the Split PVC Conduit.

2. OP
    OP
    steveparrott

Most probably missed this, but if you are a "Back to the Future" fan I'm sure you knew that yesterday was the day (Oct. 21st, 2015) in the movie when the actors arrived in the future.

In my post on our Slit Conduit, I wrote:

"VOLT’s new Split Conduit is your time-machine replacement."

This, of course, meant that you don't need a time machine to go back and run your wires through conduit. You can simply slip this conduit over your wires in the "present".

As a "Back to the Future" fan myself, I was thinking of the movie as I wrote the post. If you are a fan yourself, all I can say is "Great Scott!"

3. trailboss

trailboss LawnSite Member

Steve, I too am a Back to the Future fan...One of the greatest movies of all time!
    I love this idea of the slit conduit! We have had a few occasions where this could have come in handy. I think we will keep a few pcs in the van for those special occasions...

4. OP
    OP
    steveparrott

Excellent!

5. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I've been doing this very thing for years, but I have a table saw of my own. It's a great idea and I'm sure there will be several people who will prefer the convenience of purchasing it rather than trying to do it themselves. It's a good product to offer through your company and very practical for those who can't or don't want to take the time to manufacture this on their own.