1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Raptor SD clutch rattle

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by aiki98, Jun 8, 2014.

1. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

Last week I requested serial numbers to do some research and received nothing.

2. hustlermidwest

rhk109,
    There is a bumper kit for the clutch anchor that takes the rattle out of it. I believe the air gap in the anchor is just a hair wide allowing the pin to rattle. We use a similar bumper in our larger units. Your servicing dealer will need to install the bumper. This issue does not effect a large number of units so it's a fix as required issue.

Brian O

Brian O

3. hustlermidwest

Nope, service dealer must order the part per unit serial number and install.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. rhk109

rhk109 LawnSite Member

OK, can you please confirm that it's OK to run as is until I get it into the dealer.

5. hustlermidwest

No harm will come to the machine from this issue.

Brian O

6. ab38off

ab38off LawnSite Member

I just bought a SD48 and I may be having a similar issue. I think the SN is 14052067.
    My thought was that it was coming off the PTO, as it seems to make a lot more noise when the blade is engaged. Just starting the engine and moving without the blade is much quieter, like I think it should sound.

My dealer is going to pickup and see what they think. I have alerted them that this might be a possible problem. I described the issue as a metallic sound, like a vibration, that was sporadic and loud while underway and mowing. Agree?

7. hustlermidwest

There's a grommet bumper to help quite the "rattle" I'm going to the factory next week for meetings. I get the most up to date info then.

Brian O