• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

New rider for small mowing business

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
I'll say one thing and shut up.............I'm 38 years old and have just now got my first brand new vehicle. It came after the equipment and after 4 years of bustin' my ass to get established. You could do a lot with an older truck and newer equipment...............just my observation, but hey, nobody asked me!<p>Homer

OP
P

pottstim

LawnSite Senior Member
Little Green Guy,<br>Hey, I just want to say that I appreciate all the posts that everyone made to me. I did state in my first post that I can spend around $2000 on a machine. When I saw the Troy Bilt, I thought that it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone hand any experiences with them. I'm just trying to get some thoughts about other brands out there. I'm sorry that you got agrivated about me asking about another brand. I feel like this an if you don't wanna buy what I suggest, then the heck with you thing. And you are right, I'll buy whatever suits me and my needs.<br>As far as Stone goes, I just didn't care too much for the posts that he made. The man does know his stuff, but he needs to be more tactful. <br>About the equipment, I've got a while to look around. I may start later this year, or just wait until next spring. I haven't quite made up my mind yet. I'm going to look at the walk behinds that you suggested, and some other equipment that I'd like to check out, but I'm thinking I'll probably go for new. We'll see how the prices are here at my local dealers. If i've got one thing going for me, it's time. So I don't have to make any rush decisions. I'll let you all know what I find, I may go out this weekend and do some comparison shopping.<p>Take care,<br>Tim<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: pottstim<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: pottstim

SMB

LawnSite Senior Member
As far as Troy Bilt goes...<br>We bought a new Troy Bilt 22 HP 46 inch cut (WAY overpowered, they do that to sell them) Troy Bilt is now made by MTD. Our Troy is EXACTLY like any other MTD. The belt kept comin' off so we took it back. I'd get a good &quot;Heavy Duty&quot; brand.<p>----------<br>SMB<br>