1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

new rig pics...maybe. lol

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by txnbygod, Aug 28, 2003.

1. txnbygod

txnbygod LawnSite Member

2. txnbygod

txnbygod LawnSite Member

3. CTservices

CTservices LawnSite Member

4. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

heres a quicky pic of my toys.
    hope this workds:dizzy:

pic 2.jpg

5. GLAN

GLAN Banned

I like the lock box on the first trailer. Though if I had one that big I know at the end of the day when my men get back, one of them will end up locked in it.....:eek:

The side ramp on the white one is realy cool. Nice feature. Though I would have made it a full ramp rather than the 2 seperate wheel ramps.

6. SGLawn Care

SGLawn Care LawnSite Member

Some of mine.

dsc00291.jpg

7. SGLawn Care

SGLawn Care LawnSite Member

nother

dsc00290.jpg

8. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

hey txnbygod i got the same mower (the gravely) how do you like it, seems to be built like a tank although the belts on mine need some ajusting , Question? how do you keep mower from moving around i have a sweet hold down the i built my self one pin and its out no straps and it even locks mower onto trailer by locking front caster assembely down another thing those rims are bad ----- wish i had some i also love the steel cage planning on building one soon another thing where do you keep your trimmer?

9. txnbygod

txnbygod LawnSite Member

hiya rookie,

thanks for the compliments. i tried to put some thought into the trailer when i had it made. i needed the most bang for my buck in a 5x10 -- i got it for $1100 as is after some hard haggling-- that would back straight into my house garage, (the shop is filled right now with my skeeter boat and a 69 ss camaro. lol)

the belts on mine did slip a little under higher loads when it was brand new. i think the new pulleys were a bit too slick with paint or whatever. just a tad of brake cleaner to the pulley surface gave it better grip.

i just found some anchors to tie my equip down easier. i will mortise a 3x3 hole in a plank of the trailer floor and it mounts from underneath with the looped part for a strap almost flush to the flooring.

my trimmer?! i use those old timey hand scissors instead. lol
    no, but really. if ya looks carefully...there are a couple of hooks on the front of the lockbox. i am hanging it there for now. i use plastic coated steel cables to secure each piece of equip, (all the padlocks are keyed alike to my housekey).

i am still looking for a trimmer rack. i've seen the one by jungle jim's, but am still trying to decide. have any suggestions?

10. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i built my own because i have family in manufacturing pretty slick and cost me nothing lift 2 pins and its out nearly impossible to steal unless you destroy trimmer i do like those racks from trimmer trap take a look at green touch industries and jungle jims also