New roundup alternative!????

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by KUMA01, Sep 5, 2019.

1. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

No way.

So .. let me get this straight.

Mixed and straight are different? Huh.

Any other insights you'd like to share? What is your opinion on left and right, same or different? Up and down?

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Applying a gallon of concentrated roundup isn’t different to you than applying a gallon of solution properly mixed?

Are you SURE you do this professionally?

phasthound and KUMA01 like this.
  3. TPendagast

Male

KUMA01 likes this.
  4. TPendagast

Male

KUMA01 likes this.
  5. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

Are you sure you read and understand English properly?

No one argued it was the same. We aren't ******** Ted. You have a habit of jumping into other people's conversations to explain things to them like they are 5 years old, it's obnoxious.

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Bronze Member

This company competes with bright view they probably spray thousands of gallons of “roundup” each year and a 3.5 gallon of straight solution of round up pro Max costs me $150. These guys crews probably go through that in a two week period. I understand what you all are saying 100% but this guy in order to probably win these bids against bright view ect cut the corner and switch to diesel bc if it’s cheapness. 4 gallon sprayer is 10 bucks of diesel here if he only has to spray once a month let’s be generous twice a month he is still coming out miles ahead in expenses. There is a reason he was doing it at 6:00am and it was just me And a few cars there. If he did it any other time someone would report him for sure.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I would.

Love the Green Biz likes this.
  8. weeze

weeze Banned

i don't spray much. i've found it just creates more problems than it solves. weeds will grow back instead of just having grass there. grass is easier to trim than weeds are.

if you spray here you are lucky if it lasts a month. in spring it may only last 2 weeks. every time it rains new weeds pop up. it's fighting a losing battle.

pre emerg helps some but it costs a lot more so makes me not want to use it.

honestly my favorite yards are the ones where i never spray anything. i wish they were all like that.

9. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

For LEGAL right-of-way spraying, my go-to is Mojave mixed with 6%-8% solution of Ranger Pro and 2oz of Spreader/Sticker per gallon. 9-12 months of control is what I get, and I'm in the Southeast. Forget diesel fuel, folks.

weeze likes this.
  10. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

And the state DEP. Spraying oil onto landscapes? I think I have heard it all now (Though probably not. This industry spawns all kinds).