New roundup alternative!????

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by KUMA01, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

I've been using Prizefighter (non-selective) by Synatek this year and it works. Organics let the client feel comfortable about spraying in sidewalk cracks and spot spraying in planting beds. Those Roundup jury awards have some people spooked about cancerous side effects.

https://shop.synateksolutions.com/products/prizefighter

hort101 likes this.
  2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

3. TPendagast

Male

So, gallon to gallon
    Diesel is cheaper
    But you don’t apply (or shouldn’t) round up straight as a concentrate.

At $53 a gallon, an ounce is $.41
    If you mix 4 ounces per gallon into a 4 gallon back pack with mostly water
    You’ve got 16 ounces of product in a solution that costs roughly $7.

Where as 4 gallons of diesel (which is concentrate - essentially) is circa $12.

This leads me to believe the company in question (in the OP) doesn’t know that round up is supposed to be mixed with water.

How many other idiots are using it straight?
    Makes me wonder how much that is happening?
    Was that high school janitor using it in concentrate without mixing? (The one that supposedly got cancer from round up)

Just got me thinking from that statement by a third party that “diesel was cheaper than round up” to apply....

hort101 and KUMA01 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    KUMA01

KUMA01 LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot of people are out there without the pesticide license and don’t mix the typical 4 oz to a gallon. They probably just pour a good amount in and eye ball welp that looks good fill with water apply. So the typical .41 cents a gallon probably goes up to close to a dollar.... @TPendagast i 100% understand and agree with what your saying

Love the Green Biz and hort101 like this.
  5. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

If diesel is certified organic there’s a res complex I could use it at. No round up zone.

That Guy Gary likes this.
  6. TPendagast

Male

Agreed
    But at least they know you’re mixing it with water !

KUMA01 likes this.
  7. TPendagast

Male

Technically
    Petroleum is naturally occurring
    It comes out of the earth
    It’s mostly hydrogen and carbon
    It gets refined and the trace elements get removed to make diesel.
    Those trace elements are what’s typically used in Ag chemicals (like sulfur)

That’s the funny thing about the earth and “pollution”
    Everything in existence is made up of a combination of the same elements, they’re all listed on the periodic table of elements.

The only difference is the concentration of those elements all in one place and how the elements interact with eachother.

The “idea” of organic is about as much fairly tale as recycling, it’s just not real.
    Recycling plastic releases more pollution by trying to breaking it down , they just ship it to China and bury it there .
    Most people don’t know that, but that’s the truth.

Everything starts organic , it’s all here it all came from here
    It was here before we were
    Technically - anything with a periodic number above 92 IS man made , but we are normal people and landscapers are dealing with those materials or would know what to do with them if we had them; and they were made with things we found here already.

The only difference in anything is how much of what you mix together to make something (basic chemistry)

Example hydrogen and carbon (most of what’s in diesel) are also common elements in humans (-and two of the 11 necessary elements for life)
    Water it’s hydrogen and oxygen (2 necessary elements for life)

But people can’t drink diesel , even tho there’s nothing in diesel that’s not already in a human

It’s combination and concentration that tell the difference.

Mumblingboutmowers likes this.
  8. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic