New Shindaiwa EB-801-RT Back Pack Blower Availability?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mandatory Landscape, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Mandatory Landscape

Mandatory Landscape LawnSite Member

Has anyone heard from their dealers when the new Shindaiwa EB-810-RT will be available? Looking forward to trying one and comparing it to the EB-802. What's the word out there?

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Not much scuttlebutt on it yet, but will no doubt be the new Echo in red. I doubt it will still be a Shindy unit all its own. Too bad because I would love it to be exactly like the 802 only with more power and spring mounted engine. My 802 is my all time favorite BP or HH for that matter.

hort101 likes this.
  3. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

I’m hoping they replace the weaker 802 w/rebranded 8010 and update the 854 so I guess we on opposite side of the fence on that one !

4. OP
    OP
    Mandatory Landscape

Mandatory Landscape LawnSite Member

Anyone who made it to Louisville hear any more about the EB-810? Last I heard was "probably" next fall???

5. Turf Tracer

Echo probably holding on to it until RM unveils their new unit next Summer. Then they tweak the PB8010 so it more powerful and put on the Shin Skin.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Doubtful that is it at all. They aren't going to make their "other" brand look better than their flagship unit. They can't get enough 8010's out as is, so not going to bring out the Shindy version until they can get enough of both to fill dealer shelves.

7. Turf Tracer

Mabe Echo don’t care which their units crowned most powerful. No way RM comes out w/something weaker after getting good look at 8010.

So Echo holds on to Shin version to best it.

Just a theory.

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I'm telling you that once you run an 80110, you'll quickly realize that RM won't be able to outdo it and stay with an under 80 cc engine. They may equal it or change the air flow characteristics, but they won't beat it.

Bumpmaster likes this.
  9. Turf Tracer

Mabe but they definitely going to try.

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

No doubt. I am guessing their goal at this point is to come close or equal it in order to keep brand fans loyal.