New Shindaiwa EB-801-RT Back Pack Blower Availability?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mandatory Landscape, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

I’m guessing they best it. Time is on their side now. These units are 7-9 yr lifespan before new models. Echo is commited.

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

I have abandoned Shindaiwa , dealer support has always been abismal and they no longer have a superior product, so what's the point. They don't stock clutches, recoils, carbs and they do not sell many units. You can get echo and husky anywhere and at least if you have to order something they have it. Maybe it's different elsewhere?

3. Turf Tracer

Many parts interchangeable. Same rep Same warehouse.

Nothing Shin has stands out any longer. They used to be King before Echo and EPA

Dawson likes this.
  4. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey TT not picking a fight in any way but I’m just curious do you have issues with the new Echo? For years I have read you spouting off about how having the BIGGEST BADDEST blower was the winning ticket and now that unit clearly is the new Echo it seems every other comment from you is your really looking forward to the RM coming out next season. Are you sour on Echo and why?

Ridin' Green, hort101 and DXN1EL like this.
  5. Turf Tracer

Would like replace one other blower. Rather get the best if RM ends up better.
    Blowers long term investment

Our leaves mostly green still. So no complaints but not really used. We in a Dead Zone until they start dropping. Grass dormant.

6. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Just found it curious that when the BL9000 came out last year you couldn’t wait to put it up against your other units and when you got it ,stated it was a more powerful unit. You went on talking about you weren’t brand loyal and you went with what produced the best or fastest output. I think you should try out the Echo against what you currently have for the good of lawnsite people’s who just want to know from one of the leading authorities on BIG blowers. I would hate to see you waste time running inefficient blowers when there is possibly a better blower out there. I think waiting another year for a new model that may be OR not be better than what’s currently available could “leaf” a lot of money on the table from an inefficacy stand point. Time is money just sayin!

Mownmachine144 and Ridin' Green like this.
  7. Turf Tracer

Sure but how often do you get Echo/Shin, Stihl and likely RM/Husky putting out new units within a year of each other

It’s like a Bopp comet event

8. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Shindy is not a problem here as far as service or parts, though I have never needed any personally. I know from talking to the dealers here though, that they can take care of them as easy as anything else. Husky is a lot harder to come by here outside of Lowe's. There are a few dealers around, but not as many as two years back, and now, one of the better ones has dropped them.

All this stuff and that includes mowers, seem very regional.

hort101 likes this.
  9. Turf Tracer

Still have a bunch of that blue Shin C4 stuff. Parts within 1-3 days so far. Dealer says if he goes to warehouse goes in left door for Echo and right for Shin.

10. OP
    OP
    Mandatory Landscape

Mandatory Landscape LawnSite Member

Dealer said that the Shindaiwa version would be available sometime in the spring.....looking forward to seeing the difference between it and the Echo 8010