New Shindaiwa EB-801-RT Back Pack Blower Availability?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mandatory Landscape, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Like I posted in the other thread...Echo told me directly on the phone recently that they have no plans to bring out a Shindy version any time soon, if ever.

Eric502 likes this.
  2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

They had exact clone in production and on dealer sheets but decided hold off release until Fall 2019 or Spring 2020.

Likely to make some changes to differentiate from 8010

3. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That's BS. You keep posting what you think vs what the manu actually says. That does no one any good and makes you look bad at the same time. You already know this as you responded to this in the other thread.....Echo told me they didn't have any in production or anything even close to that. They simply had the carb/epa sheet done for saving time in the future if they ever decide to bring out a Shindy version.

4. Turf Tracer

They had them in dealer literature and they were ready for production

For whatever reason they holding off until 2020 of Fall 2019

Possibly Echo reading threads here and want to make some modifications.

I called eXmark April and asked if they going to have a new 36” Stander design avail soon and guess what...they said no.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

You are the only person I know of that claims to have seen dealer literature showing them. Eric502 on here asked them at GIE and they said no plans to bring one out to him as well, so still sounds like you're posting what you think or hope vs what is. I have said myself I hope they do bring one out, but they told me they have no plans for the foreseeable future to do so.

Eric502 likes this.
  6. Turf Tracer

I expect to see them Fall 2019 or Spring 2020.

New RedMax mid summer.

I guess we just wait and see.

7. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

:popcorn:

hort101 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Mandatory Landscape

Mandatory Landscape LawnSite Member

Anybody heard any news now that we are in the new year about the EB-810?? Local dealer said he was told that it would be much like the Echo but with different tubes and a few other changes....

9. Turf Tracer

That’s what my dealer was told. He actually had order sheet from Shin w/the blower on it

Apparently it’s been pushed back to 2020 to deal with some of the issues people have had with/8010. Possibly the stiff flex tube and various tips.

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Like I posted above.....Echo told me they have no plans to bring out a Shindy version at this point. Anything else is pure speculation and/or wishful thinking at this time.