New Shindaiwa EB-801-RT Back Pack Blower Availability?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mandatory Landscape, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

eXmark also also told me they had no plans to bring out a new Stander to replace Vantage last year.

Echo wants to sell 8010’s now. They definitely had Shin version ready to go at one point; chances are they just delaying release

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

You are posting things that you have no clue about. You have no idea whether they had plans to or not. One dealer telling you so doesn't mean squat. All that means is that he was mistaken and too proud to admit he didn't know. Maybe if enough of us call Echo and ask them to bring one out, they will, but they told me from the tech dept that had no plans what-so-ever to do it at this time. Makes sense with all the other new BP's just out or soon to be out. production costs have to be offset by sales to justify adding another unit that is almost identical. I am a huge Shin fan and would love to see it, but I ain't holding my breath.

3. Turf Tracer

eXmark told me they had no plans for a new Stander last year. Toro told me they weren’t bringing out a new commercial 21” a few years ago when I was about to buy at fleet pricing. They not going to jeopardize what they have in production especially if there’s overstock.

My dealer had info on Shin version directly from Shin. They had the unit ready to go but pulled it for some reason. Very likely to improve on the flex tube and possibly add a tip.

Expect to see it 2020. For now 8010 best unit going.

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

BS. Either you're dealer was wrong and doesn't know what he's talking about, just assumed a Shindy version would be forthcoming since they're the same company now, or you just plain misunderstood him. The company that makes these things told me the info I posted above directly. I ain't going by what some dealer thought was going to happen. I'll go by that until something comes along to change my mind from the factory.

Like I said- I would love to see it, but ain't holding my breath.

5. Turf Tracer

My dealer had the pre-order sheet but they pulled it. Likely to make some changes to differentiate from 8010. Hopefully flex tube and tip.

Would not hesitate getting an 8010 now if you don’t want to wait it out

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That's BS too. The only paperwork for the Shin version was when they included it with the 8010 to pass epa specs. Any other paper's that a dealer might possibly have received that may have included the 810 model number was simply in anticipation of them later on putting it into production, but like I posted, Echo tech dept told me directly that they had, and have, no plans to actually bring it out as of now.

Again, as I have stated repeatedly, I hope they actually do. My posts here aren't because I am against it. I am posting what the current actual info is, and not something that I am making up off the top of my head. I am not the only one to post this info either as another member here got the same exact info from Echo reps at GIE this past fall.

7. Turf Tracer

Dealer had pre order info and unit was pulled. It was intended to be direct clone w/Shin wrapping.

Good chance it was pulled to differentiate from 8010, possibly flex tube and tip assuming Echo reads this forum.

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

You're just making crap up now to defend an indefensible position. You've gone out on a limb by keeping on with these posts when you really have no idea what you are talking about here, and now you are trying to save face. That's all there is to it.

9. Turf Tracer

No, dealer had pre order sheet and Shn pulled it for whatever reason. Possibly and I say likely to differentiate from 8010 as it had indicated direct clone

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Yeah, OK.