New Shindaiwa EB-801-RT Back Pack Blower Availability?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mandatory Landscape, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

My dealer said same. Had allocated an order based on literature from Shin

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Even if by some chance (and it's highly doubtful based on what Echo is telling those of us that bother to ask) your dealer has some sort of sales sheet, it is clear from Echo that they have no intentions of bringing it out as of now. Paper can be printed all day long and means nothing without the product and/or company to back it up.

Posting what you think, vs what is, does no one that comes here for accurate info any good.

3. Turf Tracer

Yes. It was originally intended as direct clone w/Shin wrap. Likely we see it now in 2020 with some minor changes; possibly tube and tip.

Guess we just wait and see.

4. OP
    OP
    Mandatory Landscape

Mandatory Landscape LawnSite Member

Any new details on when the EB-801 will be available?? Would prefer the Shin version to keep all of my hand held Shindaiwa

5. OP
    OP
    Mandatory Landscape

Mandatory Landscape LawnSite Member

Was at my dealer yesterday and the was told that the new EB-810 would be available late fall or early next spring.....basically the same as the Echo PB-8010 with a few minor tweaks......it's happening!

6. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

I've always loved Shindaiwa, possibly my fav brand. I'm running Redmax and Stihl for dealer support at the moment. Really love the Redmax stuff, Stihl isn't for me. I like meat and potatoes, Stihl has to many features that eventually fail and have to be replaced. Good stuff otherwise . I wish Shindaiwa was actually Shindaiwa and not rebranded Echo. I never was an Echo fan.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Interesting that Echo corp has told me now on several occasions that they are not bringing one out, and in no uncertain terms either, yet some dealers are saying otherwise. I actually hope they do and that the Shin version has some improvements over the Echo model. I love my 802.

8. Turf Tracer

Lol

Have a standing order.

9. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

Isn't echo and shindy the same? Besides there blower line up? Besides the 770 and 8010 versions they got on echo line.

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

They are now. The 802 was the last of the true Shindy BP's and I guess they are dropping them in favor of the new Shin 770, which is just the Echo in red with a slightly different shroud over the engine. The 770 is a very good BP and so is the 802.

Many guys are getingt caught up in having the biggest BP and then claiming anything less is useless when only a few years ago, and I do mean a few years, these useless BP's were the baddest things around. They are still very good and very useful for grass and for leaves just like they were when they were at the top of the heap and everyone thought they blew leaves around like a tornado.

Mownmachine144 likes this.