1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

New Shindaiwa EB8510 king of the hill?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RI Wayne, Mar 6, 2006.

1. RI Wayne

RI Wayne LawnSite Member

Seeing ads for this new backpack blower; 79.7 cc, 224 mph and 762 cfm at the nozzle. Anyone try one yet? Should I trade in my Redmax EB8000?

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

NOT,we ran 1 at the local shin dealer seems okay we did not run it at grass clippings my opinion it will not hold with the redmax.

3. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed the 8510 and redmax 8000 and I bought the redmax 8000

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have tried the new Shindy side by side with the Stihl BR600 and I think the Stihl blew it away. Both were brand new blowers that the manufacturers reps provided at a show held recently.

I haven't tried the Shindy with the smaller nozzle but I wonder what effect that has on blowing leaves.

Also all other brands of blowers would also blow at at increased MPH if they use a smaller nozzle like Shindy's optional 65mm piece.

Look up Bernoulli Principal on the Internet for an explanation. It basically says that the smaller the tube the faster a fluid (or gas) will move through the tube at a give CFM.

5. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Better yet. Look up the Killswitch principle. It says: The blowers you have now are just fine!

6. TURF DOCTOR

4 stroke correct,i am not into 4 stroke as long as someone makes a rockin 2 stroke it's mine.

7. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I ran it beside the EB 630 and felt the 630 blew it away. I love the EB 630RT's

8. Fox Landscape Services

Fox Landscape Services LawnSite Member

I just bought one. Much stronger than the Sthil or older backpacks from Shindaiwa. I would recommend it highly.:headphones:

9. TURF DOCTOR

If you like shin then you will love redmax,they sell there moters to shin.

10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Nope, sorry, the Shindaiwa EB8510 uses a Shindaiwa designed engine. The 630 did have the Zenoah though.