1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

new sod layed yesterday

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by THIESSENS TLC, Aug 15, 2012.

1. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

LOL! :)

:canadaflag::usflag: need these for extra characters

2. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

ahh, good old crappy tire! i should've known better. i have seen that stuff before and will give it a try. thanks alex:canadaflag:

3. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Anytime! Just helping a fellow canadian!
    :canadaflag: :canadaflag: :canadaflag: :canadaflag: :canadaflag: :canadaflag:

4. THIESSENS TLC

well i think the critter ridder worked for now, man that stuff reeks! i can understand why no animals would like that stuff. also put down 6 chunks of rat & mouse poison, only 2 chunks are left so im hoping whatever it was is now dead! Grass is looking really good, its about 4-5 inches in most spots...some spots 6". i do plan on cutting it today. should i bag all of it? or just let it fly? i also found what looks to be a fungus of somesort. looks like rust or dog sheet smear! any body know what this is? thanks guys!

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

5. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like it could be rust... are you letting it dry out by now, I hope and be sure to slowly get it under 3" before winter and I believe letting it fly is a good idea as long as you cut it long enough...

remove only an inch an a half at a time and only mow when it is adequately dry...

what are your high temperatures right now???

6. THIESSENS TLC

it is rust, i found a pic online somewhere and was told not to worry about it too much. yes i am letting it dry out. i cut it at 5" tonight and plan on gettin er down to 3"-3.5". i cut at 3.5" on all properties & sometimes 3". high temps are about 20-26 and should be like that for the next few weeks. thanx smallaxe!

7. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Quite similar to the temps we're having right now...