New Spartan Owner

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by ericerb, Mar 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ericerb

ericerb LawnSite Member

Hey guys. Just got my first Spartan zero turn. Curious to see how many others are running a Spartan. I went with the RT-HD with the Kawasaki FX850V engine! Looking forward to getting to work with this machine! [​IMG]

2. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool...be sure and give us a good review after you've used it for a while.

3. TColemanP

TColemanP LawnSite Member

My guys are bugging me to start running these- they think they "look cool". What brand did you use before? Definitely curious to hear how it does. Keep us posted.

4. OP
    OP
    ericerb

ericerb LawnSite Member

Just did my first cut of the year with it. Very pleased! Had no problems with my crappy grass/tifton 85/weeds mix especially in some of the real thick areas. No clumping. Mowed it as fast as it would go! Also was awesome at mowing down the huge fire ant mounds I struggle with down here in Alabama. Really wish I had some nice thick sod to mow, as I feel this deck naturally stripes really well. Ride was suprisingly smooth considering how rough my property is (old row crop land). I previously ran Great Dane's and JD ztrak. Here are some photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good!

Does that model have the rubber isolators on the frame?

What do you think about the height adjustment system it has?

6. OP
    OP
    ericerb

ericerb LawnSite Member

Yes it does have the rubber isolators! Also I love the ease of the deck adjustment knob. It is very convenient. Incredibly easy to change, and my wife can actually adjust the deck with ease.

7. egk2

egk2 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Michigan

Wow that thing looks badass

ericerb likes this.
  8. OKCFF

OKCFF LawnSite Member

How are you liking it after a few months? I'm planning on buying the same model but with the 27hp Vanguard motor. I was gonna get the SRT for the comfort features but after finding out that the RT HD has most of them anyways I think ill go with it. Have you test rode a SRT? I was curious to your input if you found any realistic differences between the ride in them.

9. Michael Coley

Michael Coley LawnSite Member

I’m interested in the same model too. What you think after a few months?

10. Bearsixty7

Bearsixty7 LawnSite Member

SRT-Pro 61" Kohler 25 for my Dad in MO.
    SRT-HD 61" Kohler 25 for me in TX.

Dad's had some stalling issues after about a yr, dealer replaced a bad coil and control panel and no issues since, He has about 150 hrs on his.
    Mine had some bogging down/low RPM issues last year, may have been questionable fuel as it hasn't happened this year, I only have about 70 hrs on mine.

So far we are both very happy with them.
    Good power, quality of cut and ease of use.