New Spreadable Lesco CarbonPro-G product. 47% Biochar and 47% compost and....

Mr Efficiency

LawnSite Bronze Member
I picked up a few bags of this new Lesco CarbonPro-G product to test out.
Screenshot_20190730-173918_Gallery.jpg

It is an exciting product in my book.

Pretty cool having a product I invented ( Breakthru agitator, aka Permagreen agitator being promoted on the label of the CarbonPro-G product.*aussieflag*

20190730_161055.jpg

I did a test out one bag in one of my Permagreen Triumphs that has a Permagreen agitator in it today. I put about 1/2 the bag in the hopper to do about 3,500 sqft area. The material flowed good until a cone appeared down to the agitator, that was on a smooth turf surface, holes open all the way.
Second test
Put rest of bag and put holes open just over half #18 key hole setting.
On a bumpy surface, turf are that had some roots, the cone started to form but kept filling in with each bump from the roots. I do run my front tires soft on my permagreen triumphs soft and not hard for more traction and a smoother ride, so that is probably another reason I got a cone on fairly flat turf area.

Tomorrow I may do a test on the lesco spreader with the other bag. It should have good flow but a cone will probably form so some occasional bouncing will probably be needed to fill in the cone that appears.

The product is not dusty wich is great but is a little too damp and cakey. From what I see, if they dry the product a little from what it is the cone should not form and will not be dusty

I think this CarbonPro-G product will be great to apply right after a core areation or even after core aeration and seeding.

This should fix cakey cone isue.
I will try mixing half of this CorbonPro-G product and half Grass seed. I bet it will make it so a cone will not form and the product will flow great.

Full bag label.
20190730_161417.jpg

OP
Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency

LawnSite Bronze Member
I had a nice talk with the CarbonPro-G rep today.

Seems the batch, few bags I got was a bit damper then avg, was a damp run. They are working on making it better and easier to spread and less damp so it doesn't cone in machines. In the Lesco push spreader it flows good with the permagreen agitator and the Cone can disappear with a shake here and there.
I put some of it through the Lesco push spreader today as a test, did straight CarbonPro-G and a 50/50 blend of grass seed and the carbonPro-G product, did not cone much at all in the push lesco spreader with the grass seed mixed in and did cone with the straight product but a little shake and cone disappeared.

Found out some good info on the product.
Compost is comes from composting pig manure so the product does have a natural nitrogen and phosphorus to level of around a 2-2-0.

The carbonPro-G is juiced with soil stimulants form around the earth that are put in addition to the compost microbes and activity.

I did some tests today on some garden plants and flowers.
In a week I will post the results of before and after pictures. Also I took before and after pictures of my lawn area I treated that had some fungus isues.

Attached is a picture from the rep that shows where their other product that doesn't have the stimulus microbes in all kinds of funky living organisms mixed in did for a lawn area. It's almost the same exact product as the carbonPro-G without the stimulus ingredients of all those different soil microbes and funky things I don't know much about but are natural fungus killers, plant and root stimulants.

20190801_164724.jpg

Close up of the product spread out on cardboard in the sun drying out some.
It's a beautiful thing.
20190801_153332.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency

LawnSite Bronze Member
I am surprised that there is little interest or no one is even commented on my post about that carbonPro-G product.
I did not get the product for free and I did purchase it from siteone.

I do feel that this product is probably one of the most exciting new products when it comes to organic materials to go on the market.

I will have some test results next week.

20190803_080123.jpg

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
I am surprised that there is little interest or no one is even commented on my post about that carbonPro-G product.
I did not get the product for free and I did purchase it from siteone.

I do feel that this product is probably one of the most exciting new products when it comes to organic materials to go on the market.

I will have some test results next week.

View attachment 386008
Im interestedThumbs Up
Knowing how you are I was waiting for your review and thoughts
Thanks for being the guinea pig I expect good results all the ingredients h:weightlifter:ave merit

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
Was the pic after 1 application? 2?

RedSox4Life

LawnSite Bronze Member
So is this essentially just compost and biochar mixed? I can buy that in bulk for $80 (if memory serves) per yard locally. There’s what....13 bags to equal a yard? Seems like this product will be much more expensive if this is indeed the case. The fact that it can go through a spreader will save a a lot of labor though.....I wonder how the math works out.