New Spreadable Lesco CarbonPro-G product. 47% Biochar and 47% compost and....

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Mr Efficiency, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Mr Efficiency likes this.
  2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, fertilizer manufactures must be register products in each State. Only some States require you to have a license to apply fert for hire.

hort101 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member

4. OP
    OP
    Mr Efficiency

So far I have seen No noticable changes yet on any test plants or the turf are I had put the CarbonPro-G product on 5 days ago. Also had a few light rainfalls and I have been watering.

I do know when applying compost around vegtable plants in the garden, usualy I dont see plant responses for a week or 2.

I will keep updated.

hort101 likes this.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Apparently the CarbonPro-G is a rebranded Mirimichi green carbonized pn that could not be applied through spreaders. Now it can be.

hort101 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Mr Efficiency

Well I did some tests and I did not notice any real noticable differences 10 days latter.
    I applied it at close to 30 lbs per 1,000 on some vegtable plants and flowers.

I also applied at 10 lbs per 1,000 to a lawn that had not been fed in 5 weeks and I did not really notice a difference after 10 days even after rainfall and watering. At day 9 I gave 1/3 lb N per 1k of a 25-0-6 with 5% iron before a rain to the area treated with carbonproG(CPG) and not.
    I Didn't see any noticable differences in green up speed between the lawn area treated with CPG and non treated areas after doing the fertilizer Application of the 25-0-6.

In time areas that had the CPG applied to will likely help fertilizers not leach so much is my guess.

I do have a concern applying a biochar product like CPG is will it break down Pre Emergent herbicides or like a systemic grub controls faster then usual in the soil??

The positive I see with applying Biochar is it will capture Nitrogen that falls from rainfall or from snowfalls meaning less nitrogen would need to be applied per year.

My soil in my garden and lawn areas are higher in nutrients so I think that is why I saw noticable changes. The lawn area may of slightly greened up after the CPG application but that could of been from the rain.

7. Mark Oomkes

My understand of biochar is it takes a couple applications before real changes are noticed.

8. phasthound

9. Mark Oomkes

Mr Efficiency likes this.
  10. phasthound

The practice was used 1,700 years ago in the Amazon. Most tropical soils are characterized by significant leaching and poor nutrients. The addition of bio-char significantly improved these soils.

Mr Efficiency and hort101 like this.