Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Don't take this personally, but I believe the word you're looking for here is Toss Up. :)

I'm giving some thought to trying one of those Husky 223s myself.
Haha yeah autocorrect on my ipad dosent like a lot of my words! And yeah I really like them and recommend them a lot.

Haha yeah autocorrect on my ipad dosent like a lot of my words! And yeah I really like them and recommend them a lot.
IF I could do every lawn company and dealership just ONE favor, ever, It would be to start up all their 4mix stuff, run it full throttle and dump in in the nearest lake.

That would be the best thing I could do for anyone that has anything to do with anything 4mix.

IF I could do every lawn company and dealership just ONE favor, ever, It would be to start up all their 4mix stuff, run it full throttle and dump in in the nearest lake.

That would be the best thing I could do for anyone that has anything to do with anything 4mix.
I agree with you there and my dealer would to.
Posted via Mobile Device

I love my Husky trimmer as well, and was planning on getting another one if this one ever craps out on me. It might sometime, but it's still going strong. Anyhoo, these new 94's with the roller knob have me wanting to try one.

I have an older Husky 122L trimmer and it still runs good but want to upgrade to 90, 94 or 110, I think. I have nearly half a mile of grass to trim under a white plastic fence that I didn't have before. Do you think the 94 or 110 would be worth the upgrade in efficiency?

Also the dealer showed me a new string head that uses individual 6 or 8" strings that go in individually and last much longer, guess there is a fine copper thread through the line. I couldn't find it on the Stihl website. Has anyone used that?

My Husky I have to turn on end to pull more line. What head would you recommend for the Stihl?

Also, the 110 can be had with the handle bars plus a back support. Wonder if that would be worthwhile. The 94 I could handle without either as it is lighter but not sure how much more efficient it would be over my current Husky 122L.

I have failry new 90r, kombi 110 and 100rx. The 100rx is my favorite by far is has a carbon shaft so cant take on attachments but i use the kombi for hedge trimming,chainsaw and brush cutting. I alternate the 90 and the 100 just to not let the msit to long but I notice a huge difference on going back to the 90 from the 100 (weight) the 100 has more power than I ever need wish it had the throttle control because I could set it on halfway for all my mowing jobs

I have spent the past two days trimming mature fescue under about half mile or more of fence. It hadn't been trimmed so was a combination of dead and 8" high grass. The 94 runs great with power to spare. It starts with 1-2 pulls and has a conventional screw on gas cap, not the one we've all complained about on other Stihl products. I strung it with Oregon Magnum Gator line which one dealer recommended and said a lot of his commercial people used it. It has a core of some type material. Seems to work very well and perhaps better than the Stihl line. This machine will take the thick grass all the way to dirt if necessary. I am glad I made this choice over the 90 or 100, which I'm told won't be produced after this year. As Stihl says, the 94 has one of the highest power to weight ratios around. It will take a cutting wheel but not other attachments I guess. I plan to use it as a dedicated trimmer.

I have spent the past two days trimming mature fescue under about half mile or more of fence. It hadn't been trimmed so was a combination of dead and 8" high grass. The 94 runs great with power to spare. It starts with 1-2 pulls and has a conventional screw on gas cap, not the one we've all complained about on other Stihl products. I strung it with Oregon Magnum Gator line which one dealer recommended and said a lot of his commercial people used it. It has a core of some type material. Seems to work very well and perhaps better than the Stihl line. This machine will take the thick grass all the way to dirt if necessary. I am glad I made this choice over the 90 or 100, which I'm told won't be produced after this year. As Stihl says, the 94 has one of the highest power to weight ratios around. It will take a cutting wheel but not other attachments I guess. I plan to use it as a dedicated trimmer.
The Stihl tech rep we talked with for quite a while at this years open house said the 90 was on its way out, but would be a while before it was gone, He said he was pretty sure the others would be around a while.

Get some Oregon Gator Magnum Super Twist. You won't use any other line after you try this stuff. It cuts like a sharp pair of scissors. That chord down the middle is Aramid fiber.:)

I can say that i recomend this trimmer we used the 130 before and never did like the rpm control of the 130 having a true 2 stroke makes a big difference the 130 clutches would snap etc because they are designed to be run full throttle , thats kind of hard to do around someones house so the new lightweight 2 strokes are awesome i have 3 this year running and no problems so far with any and thats what i use , i will say the new 240 that is replacing the 250 has the power but is pritty bulky , by the end of this year we plan on having just the 94 for the normal stuff and the 240 for the heavy stuff we will have to keep the 130 kombi heads until they come out with a replacement for them , has anyone heard of they are going to come out with a replacement for the 130 kombi , but i would recomend the new 94 and i personally think the true 2 strokes are much better than the 90 110 130 line.

I also bought a 94 a few weeks ago. All of my other trimmers are 110's. I love them and their power. I have no problem running them low, med or full throttle for extended periods. My older brother helps me. For a while due to his hands being numb he struggled with feathering the 110's or half speed. When I seen the 94, I got it just for him. He loves it. He puts it on half speed and can pull the trigger all the way down and keep it there. He's only half fast so half throttle works for him. Me, If it had more power off the get go I would like it better. I used it today at the end of the day due to it being lighter. Only problem was, It just took to long to get through. It's OK but, give me my 110 so I can get through it and done.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.