1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

NEW Stihl Kombi lightweight shaft extension attchment

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by FLAhaulboy, Jul 30, 2010.

1. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

A 37" carbon fiber shaft extension for HT and HL applications. Extremely lightweight – less than 2 lbs. DSRP: $129.95

I bought one last week & am so for impressed with the light weight of the shaft. I also use the older shaft extension (HT-KM Shaft Extension), I am using (2) shaft extensions on the Stihl Kombi 130 power head, Though Stihl only recommends "one" extension shaft be used. Encountered no problems using two extensions.

http://www.stihlusa.com/multitask/accessories.html#HTextension

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, I'm about to bid a job trimming some MONSTROUS bushes. About 12-15' tall. To be pruned along both sides of the driveway. I have a Stihl hl100 extended articulating hedge trimmer. I could use a couple extra feet of reach. Can the Kombi extension be attached? Asked another way, can the Kombi extension be added to a regular Stihl trimmer?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I was wondering the same thing, I have a non komby trimmer, but all the attachments come with a shaft, it appears to be very similar minus the coupler on the end.

4. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the attachments will all fit any stihl trimmer. Remove the short Kombi shaft and the bolt straight on. But I don't know about using the extensions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like a great improvement, thanks Stihl really looking forward to many more sales now.
    easy-lift guy