New Stihl trimmer

roughrider

LawnSite Member
Ok been needing a new trimmer for awhile now Ive narrowed it down to a FS 110R or a FS 130R Ive been using a FS 85R I run a few attchments like an edger and clippers.The 130 and 110 almost weight the same and im sure the 130 is around 50.00 more dallars.Which one would yall choose and why
Thanks

Tizzy

LawnSite Senior Member
go with the fs 100rx. its has the same power as the 110 but weighs 2 lbs less. also is less money than a 110. i wouldnt even consider a 130 unless your doing brushcutting and even then the 100 is more than enough.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

LawnSite Senior Member
go with the fs 100rx. its has the same power as the 110 but weighs 2 lbs less. also is less money than a 110. i wouldnt even consider a 130 unless your doing brushcutting and even then the 100 is more than enough.
Isn't the fs100rx a flex shaft?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Get the 130. The 110 isn't much different than a 90 in power, but the 130 is a noticeable step up. The FS 100RX is a fixed head trimmer. You can't interchange the different attachments like you can on the 90,110,130.

HudsonBrosLawnCare

LawnSite Member
Go with the 130 and don't look back. It's worth every penny. I've got four Stihl trimmers and my 130 is my baby. It's especially good if you like to edge with a trimmer instead of blade edging! If I had to buy new the FS130 is the only trimmer I would buy.

K&L Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
We run 130's exclusively and have been happy. Just make sure that you use STIHL HP Ultra oil or you WILL have problems with the 4-mix engine.

knox gsl

LawnSite Fanatic
I've got the 130 and a 100rx and it depends on what you're doing with it. If you get alot of heavy growth or do alot of hillside mowing go with the 130 but if its a dedicated trimmer with light weekly mowing go with the 100rx.

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
I would go with the 100, don't go bigger the better. 100 is 31cc!!! This is a big engine for trimmer no matter how you cut it. Weight is very important. Unless you do tall weeds all the time, get the lighter one.

I have a Honda 31cc hanging on the wall for a while and using the Shindaiwa M242 exclusively because of the weight. flex shaft is not that bad, My honda is flex shaft, you don't complain about Honda reliability.