• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

New stuff, Stihl Rocks

South Florida Lawns

LawnSite Platinum Member
Just added another trimmer, the edger is almost 2 months old. Never had any problems with their products. Well except when Pedro put straight gas in my blower and it bit the dust :(.

trimmers1.jpg

trimmers2.jpg

Lawnworks

LawnSite Fanatic
Just as a side note,I would put the guard back on. Taking it off voids the warranty, wears out clutches, and throws too much crap up. I used to take them off, but after replacing 5 redmax trimmers in less than one season I am keeping them on my Stihl trimmers. Good luck with your Stihls, I love mine!

OP
South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns

LawnSite Platinum Member
I ain't gonna argue with you on that. But my old fs85 is 6 years old and has had the guard off since day one. Never had a clutch problem, although I have heard of them going out.

Lawnworks

LawnSite Fanatic
Well I am sure you probably take better care of your equipment than my guys do. If there is a way to break it.. they will find it!

OP
South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns

LawnSite Platinum Member
Lawnworks said:
Well I am sure you probably take better care of your equipment than my guys do. If there is a way to break it.. they will find it!
I am pretty easy on my things, although lately its like running a circus with my crew. Just last week I had 1 Z go in the pond, 4 broken irrigation lines, and I caught one of my guys trying to steal from me.:dizzy: