• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

New Style Gator Blades ?

Bobby

LawnSite Senior Member
Does anybody have a phone # or web address for the new gator blades? I talked to two dealers yesterday who had not even heard of them yet. Bobby

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
Bobby, All I can find is a picture in Lawn & Landscape. Tells you to contact your Silver Streak dealer.<p>Homer

OP
B

Bobby

LawnSite Senior Member
The people at Mowbetter.com put me in contact with the people who make Magnum Gator Blades. They said they will not be making the new blades for Walkers. <p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale

ztrmower

LawnSite Member
Bobby, <br>You are correct, the walker magnum gator will be out later this season.For you others:<br>I will list some popular Silver Streak PN#<br>Exmark<br>48&quot; = 90-716<br>52&quot;= 90-718<br>Dixie Chopper<br>50&quot;=90-723<br>60&quot;=90-724<br>I called my SS distributer here in FLA<br>they dont Have any in stock yet!<br>They have ordered them and are waiting on them as we speak.<br>David<br>B and B Sales and Service<br>

OP
B

Bobby

LawnSite Senior Member
Lee They seem to last the same as standard blades for me. As for sharpening, if you are refering to the lifting fins, they don't need it.Ever. <p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale

mattingly

LawnSite Member
Can these gator blades be used on walk behinds and how successful are they by themselves mowing grass. I realize a lot of people use them to pulverize leaves. Can a wb handle 4 blades per spindle? Anyone done anything neat with walk behinds and different blades(aka different combos) and have they been successful?<p>----------<br>Integrated Landscape Solutions<br>Lexington, KY

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
Mattingly, I don't think any mower can handle 4 blades per spindle. 2 blades per spindle is a big load on an engine.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>