1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Subscriber

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by robbjrc, Nov 21, 2017.

1. robbjrc

robbjrc LawnSite Member

I will unsubscribe if directed to do so because I am a residential only homeowner and do not have a lawn business. However, I have 2 acres to cut and just upgraded to a fairly nice, residential zero turn by Hustler. Raptor SDX, 54".

I was reading the thread about 3-point turns. I have been getting better but the additional problem I have is that my entire lawn is sloped and anytime I am not on level ground and do even the most perfect 3-point turn I leave a scuff mark.

Are there any other solutions like different tires or weights or anything that might help me reduce these scuff marks. It gets even worse if the grass is the least bit wet or moist.

Thanks. Jack in Exton PA USA

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome. You have a very common question posed by even seasoned pros. It's 99.9% technique that comes with practice. Lower the rear tire pressure a pound at a time and see if this helps. The slope issue may best be solved by vertical mowing. It's takes a bit to perfect 3 point horizontal turns on any slope.
    Lastly, try to avoid mowing slopes when wet it just makes everything more difficult.

GrassManKzoo and hort101 like this.
  3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

GrassManKzoo and JLSLLC like this.
  4. GreenerWe

GreenerWe LawnSite Member

Hello to all! We are new to the site as members but have used the stream avaiable on the internet for some time and have found great value. We are a newer company with good early success, struggeling to grow with efficency. We operate ALL electric Lawn equipment werever possible.