1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

new sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keegan, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I tried my very first sulky this morning.

I HATE IT!!

I felt I didn't have full control of the mower, too much bouncing, I had to constantly bend over to reach the controls causing my already bad back to hurt.
    I'm going back to walking and hopefully next year a ztr

:walking:

2. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

thats why i got a proslide, they are very smooth and low, but expensive.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We bought our first one last year and didn't get it on until a couple months ago but I like ours......exmark single wheel. After walking 20 years or so it is nice to ride some of the time.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I use my Jungle wheels on all my properties but one. There is no way I would walk all of those properties.
    Also, I find it easier to control with the Jungle Wheels.

5. ohanyan1

ohanyan1 LawnSite Member

I second that.:waving:

6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

What gear do you have it in. Or is the mower a hydro ? Try to just move the lever up one notch above what your walking, if the mower is a gear drive. Try to get used to it 1st before going Full throttle.

7. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be the first to jump and ask if you would like to SELL it??? Im looking for one

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Lower the air pressure in your wheels. This will helps everything...the handling, the ride will be softened and smoothed exTENsively, and the ride will even be lowered just a tad bit.

9. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just go slow for awhile I got good on my own yard and now I would never walk again. I can out mow my other guy and he's on my ztr. I have the origianal wright velkey 2 wheel love it

10. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, use it at a slower speed first and you will get the hang of it. I didn't like mine at first, but now I bi ch when I can't use it on a yard that is too steep.