New Tire From Carlise

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Doc8406, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

This is the new tire from Carlise, it is not on the market yet, but will be out by spring for sure.

It is a mix from a aggressive turf tire and the AT101

The tire is called the "Versa Turf" tire

IMG_1287.JPG

2. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Gold Member

Seems like it may be a bit too agressive.....

sjessen, K&L Landscaping and Doc8406 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

it might be and yes i have given that some thought..

sjessen and Cam15 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

But what brought me to this tire is that i was asking about different tire sizes in the AT101, to which the rep brought me to this tire.. as you can see, this tire will be made in smaller sizes.. an option that can be considered for a WB if you like.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

JD has been putting them on their smaller CUT's for at least a year now. They are pretty cool looking up close. Look like they'd be great in snow too. They'd be a great alternative to the AT101 once they start making them in the proper size. Less aggressive then the AT101 in grass due to the design, that is, as long as they round over the lug ends instead of leaving them more square like in the picture or the ones we've seen on the CUT's..

Mark Oomkes, Cam15 and Doc8406 like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

i mentioned to him about the complaints of the square edges and how it could damage the turf more.. he nodded, saying that is why they modeled from the 101

Cam15 and Mumblingboutmowers like this.
  7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Those shoulders are still pretty squared off IMO. I am guessing they are afraid to round them off more for fear of losing sales to guys who might think the traction would be insufficient if they did so. The ones I have seen were on JD2520's etc., and were fairly squared off too.

Doc8406 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

kinda semi squared of sorts, hence the "hybrid", they still bring a lot of curious thought as to the practicality of them and the worth in using them

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

They'd be great on turf IMO. Wet clippings would stick far less than they do to true turf tires, Mud and crap (literally) wouldn't stick near as bad, and traction on wet hillsides would be vastly improved. I may try a set when I finally have to replace my AT's.

10. OP
    OP
    Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

yeah.. with the WB, i am interested.. i have a lot of banks

Ridin' Green likes this.